SOS Help for Haiti: Keri Hilson, Robin Thicke and Other Performances
The American Airlines Arena in Miami has been packed with concertgoers on February 5. The likes of Keri Hilson and Robin Thicke come onto the stage to sing their songs for the cause which is part of the "Hope for Haiti Now" effort which has been kicked off earlier in January.
Opening the Friday's fund-raising concert is Wyclef Jean who raps in Haitian Creole. "Get ready - I want to welcome y'all to Haiti. ... I'm gonna teach y'all what I call Creole 101," he says. Afterwards, he delivers verses from "Hold On".
Mary J. Blige and Busta Rhymes are the next performers. "Put your hands in air. Tell Haiti they're gonna make it tonight, because we are their 'Bridge Over Troubled Water," she tells the crowd before making a duet with Jazmine Sullivan. Meanwhile, Busta chooses to go solo during his set.
The two-hour concert is co-hosted by P. Diddy and Queen Latifah. "We are here tonight because our sisters and brothers in Haiti remain in trouble," she states. "The country is still in an emergency situation - they need our help."
Like George Clooney's benefit show, it also sees big celebrities picking up phone call from the generous people. One of the stars involved, Justin Bieber, tweets about his participation, "Answering phones for the SOS Help for Haiti Benefit right now on BET, VH1, and MTV. Please support. I will be performing soon."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie