'Daredevil' Reboot Coming, David Scarpa Hired as Scribe
Another superhero film is going to get a new reboot treatment. Los Angeles Times reported that The Fox-affiliated production company New Regency, which produced 2003 "Daredevil, The Movie", has picked up a new project which is headlined by the blind character.
As one of the first steps, Fox/New Regency has tapped David Scarpa, who previously wrote 2008 remake sci-fi "The Day the Earth Stood Still", to provide script for this untitled Daredevil reboot. The upcoming movie will be produced by former News Corp. executive Peter Chernin, but no director and cast have been named yet.
"Daredevil", which was distributed by The 20th Century Fox, stars Ben Affleck as the title character with Colin Farrell, Jennifer Garner and Michael Clarke Duncan among the cast ensemble. It was released in theaters on February 14, 2003 and grossed a total of $102.5 million nationwide and $179.2 million worldwide.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper