'We Are the World' Rapping Part Described
A number of Hip-Hop artists have laid their vocal for "We Are the World" remake during the February 2 recording session. And, one of the rappers involved, Nipsey Hussle, recently broke down the rapping part of the song.
" ... as far as the rapping, LL [Cool J] did the original lead vocal for the rap," he told XXLmag. "Everybody rapped the same verse, we stacked our vocals and then after, LL, will.i.am went it, then Jamie Foxx, Snoop [Dogg], myself."
"And what it was, after we laid our vocals in the studio, we all got together to record the visual, and that's when everybody had their individual mic and we rapped it at the same time. As far as the recording, everybody did it individually and for the video part of it, everybody had their own mic and it was kind of like a choir type situation."
On what the verses are dealing with, he explained, " ... It was a 12-bar verse. I think LL wrote it and it was just talking about the disaster, similar to how everybody need to come together, it was you know uplifting lyrics. It wasn't nothing corny, it was something that people would be able to relate to but still universal."
Before spilling the bean on the rapping part, Nipsey revealed about the singing part. "Everyone was doing individual tracks on top of the group tracks. Like, Justin Bieber would do his, the girl [Nicole Scherzinger] from The Pussycat Dolls would do hers, Busta [Rhymes] did his and they would just stack it on top of each other like how you do a hook," he said.
"We Are the World" is produced by Quincy Jones, RedOne and Lionel Richie. The opening line, which was originally sung by Lionel, reportedly is provided by Justin. Meanwhile, the Bob Dylan's part is performed by Lil Wayne and the Michael Jackson's verses are re-recorded with Janet Jackson's vocal.
The track is expected to end with a poem read by Michael's kids. Its music video is filmed in 3-D and will be premiered during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics Friday, February 12.
More Lil Wayne News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story