'We Are the World' Rapping Part Described
A number of Hip-Hop artists have laid their vocal for "We Are the World" remake during the February 2 recording session. And, one of the rappers involved, Nipsey Hussle, recently broke down the rapping part of the song.
" ... as far as the rapping, LL [Cool J] did the original lead vocal for the rap," he told XXLmag. "Everybody rapped the same verse, we stacked our vocals and then after, LL, will.i.am went it, then Jamie Foxx, Snoop [Dogg], myself."
"And what it was, after we laid our vocals in the studio, we all got together to record the visual, and that's when everybody had their individual mic and we rapped it at the same time. As far as the recording, everybody did it individually and for the video part of it, everybody had their own mic and it was kind of like a choir type situation."
On what the verses are dealing with, he explained, " ... It was a 12-bar verse. I think LL wrote it and it was just talking about the disaster, similar to how everybody need to come together, it was you know uplifting lyrics. It wasn't nothing corny, it was something that people would be able to relate to but still universal."
Before spilling the bean on the rapping part, Nipsey revealed about the singing part. "Everyone was doing individual tracks on top of the group tracks. Like, Justin Bieber would do his, the girl [Nicole Scherzinger] from The Pussycat Dolls would do hers, Busta [Rhymes] did his and they would just stack it on top of each other like how you do a hook," he said.
"We Are the World" is produced by Quincy Jones, RedOne and Lionel Richie. The opening line, which was originally sung by Lionel, reportedly is provided by Justin. Meanwhile, the Bob Dylan's part is performed by Lil Wayne and the Michael Jackson's verses are re-recorded with Janet Jackson's vocal.
The track is expected to end with a poem read by Michael's kids. Its music video is filmed in 3-D and will be premiered during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics Friday, February 12.
More Lil Wayne News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off