Steven Tyler Had an 'Awkward' Audition With Led Zeppelin
Steven Tyler has tried out for Led Zeppelin to replace their frontman Robert Plant who refused to join the band for a reunion. Commenting on the audition, guitarist Jimmy Page said he felt awkward about it.
Furthermore, he admitted to Steven's former bandmate Joe Perry that the rehearsal sessions were "shambolic." According to Joe, Jimmy confessed that Steven was unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin's materials because the vocalist didn't do preparation as he believes they will be working on new songs.
Then, Led Zeppelin decided to pass on Steven. "Ultimately it was a group decision," so Joe explained during a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio.
On the Aerosmith's future post Steven Tyler's departure, Joe said at the same occasion that they're down to the possibility of having a female singer. "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes ... You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good - a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility," he gushed.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart