Steven Tyler Had an 'Awkward' Audition With Led Zeppelin
Steven Tyler has tried out for Led Zeppelin to replace their frontman Robert Plant who refused to join the band for a reunion. Commenting on the audition, guitarist Jimmy Page said he felt awkward about it.
Furthermore, he admitted to Steven's former bandmate Joe Perry that the rehearsal sessions were "shambolic." According to Joe, Jimmy confessed that Steven was unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin's materials because the vocalist didn't do preparation as he believes they will be working on new songs.
Then, Led Zeppelin decided to pass on Steven. "Ultimately it was a group decision," so Joe explained during a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio.
On the Aerosmith's future post Steven Tyler's departure, Joe said at the same occasion that they're down to the possibility of having a female singer. "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes ... You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good - a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility," he gushed.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby