Steven Tyler Had an 'Awkward' Audition With Led Zeppelin
Steven Tyler has tried out for Led Zeppelin to replace their frontman Robert Plant who refused to join the band for a reunion. Commenting on the audition, guitarist Jimmy Page said he felt awkward about it.
Furthermore, he admitted to Steven's former bandmate Joe Perry that the rehearsal sessions were "shambolic." According to Joe, Jimmy confessed that Steven was unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin's materials because the vocalist didn't do preparation as he believes they will be working on new songs.
Then, Led Zeppelin decided to pass on Steven. "Ultimately it was a group decision," so Joe explained during a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio.
On the Aerosmith's future post Steven Tyler's departure, Joe said at the same occasion that they're down to the possibility of having a female singer. "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes ... You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good - a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility," he gushed.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences