Steven Tyler Had an 'Awkward' Audition With Led Zeppelin
Steven Tyler has tried out for Led Zeppelin to replace their frontman Robert Plant who refused to join the band for a reunion. Commenting on the audition, guitarist Jimmy Page said he felt awkward about it.
Furthermore, he admitted to Steven's former bandmate Joe Perry that the rehearsal sessions were "shambolic." According to Joe, Jimmy confessed that Steven was unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin's materials because the vocalist didn't do preparation as he believes they will be working on new songs.
Then, Led Zeppelin decided to pass on Steven. "Ultimately it was a group decision," so Joe explained during a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio.
On the Aerosmith's future post Steven Tyler's departure, Joe said at the same occasion that they're down to the possibility of having a female singer. "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes ... You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good - a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility," he gushed.
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit