Steven Tyler Had an 'Awkward' Audition With Led Zeppelin
Steven Tyler has tried out for Led Zeppelin to replace their frontman Robert Plant who refused to join the band for a reunion. Commenting on the audition, guitarist Jimmy Page said he felt awkward about it.
Furthermore, he admitted to Steven's former bandmate Joe Perry that the rehearsal sessions were "shambolic." According to Joe, Jimmy confessed that Steven was unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin's materials because the vocalist didn't do preparation as he believes they will be working on new songs.
Then, Led Zeppelin decided to pass on Steven. "Ultimately it was a group decision," so Joe explained during a recent interview with The Pulse of Radio.
On the Aerosmith's future post Steven Tyler's departure, Joe said at the same occasion that they're down to the possibility of having a female singer. "Oh, definitely! No one in the band's brought that up, but sometimes ... You've gotta think out of the box. Oddly enough, a lot of the bands I was in before I had Aerosmith, I had female singers in the band and it was really good - a lot of great songs. So that's definitely a possibility," he gushed.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent