Logan Lerman NOT Yet Offered to Be Spider-Man
Logan Lerman is not that close to be the new Spider-Man. Despite swirling reports that he is going to star in the untitled Spider-Man reboot, both Columbia Pictures and the actor's camp have denied it. A spokesman for the studio insists, "No offers have been made, nor have any business discussions been made with Lerman," while the actor's camp adds that no business discussions are being held at this time.
Prior to the statements released by the studio and Lerman's camp, the 18-year-old star himself confessed that he had some discussions with Sony to play Peter Parker in the upcoming "Spider-Man" film. Speaking to Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and "The Billy Bush Show" on Thursday, January 4, he said, "There have been a few discussions, it's definitely something I'm looking into."
"It's one of my favorite characters ever and I'm a huge fan of the series. I'd love to have more conversations about it. I'm definitely very interested in it," he expressed his strong interest on the superhero role. "I'd love to focus on the human element a little bit more. It'd be such a fun experience."
When asked whether his manager approached the studio or the studio tried to get him, the depicter of Percy Jackson in forthcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" claimed it was "vice versa". However, Lerman further noted that the talks were still in the preliminary stage, saying "It's just, you know, conversations are starting. It's a long process with the studio and the producers and everything."
"Spider-Man" reboot will follow Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker during his high school age. The film will be produced by Columbia Pictures, Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. Marc Webb is attached to direct the movie project, which is expected to be released in summer 2012.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says