Logan Lerman NOT Yet Offered to Be Spider-Man
Logan Lerman is not that close to be the new Spider-Man. Despite swirling reports that he is going to star in the untitled Spider-Man reboot, both Columbia Pictures and the actor's camp have denied it. A spokesman for the studio insists, "No offers have been made, nor have any business discussions been made with Lerman," while the actor's camp adds that no business discussions are being held at this time.
Prior to the statements released by the studio and Lerman's camp, the 18-year-old star himself confessed that he had some discussions with Sony to play Peter Parker in the upcoming "Spider-Man" film. Speaking to Billy Bush for Access Hollywood and "The Billy Bush Show" on Thursday, January 4, he said, "There have been a few discussions, it's definitely something I'm looking into."
"It's one of my favorite characters ever and I'm a huge fan of the series. I'd love to have more conversations about it. I'm definitely very interested in it," he expressed his strong interest on the superhero role. "I'd love to focus on the human element a little bit more. It'd be such a fun experience."
When asked whether his manager approached the studio or the studio tried to get him, the depicter of Percy Jackson in forthcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" claimed it was "vice versa". However, Lerman further noted that the talks were still in the preliminary stage, saying "It's just, you know, conversations are starting. It's a long process with the studio and the producers and everything."
"Spider-Man" reboot will follow Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker during his high school age. The film will be produced by Columbia Pictures, Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin. Marc Webb is attached to direct the movie project, which is expected to be released in summer 2012.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'