Casey Johnson Died Out of Natural Causes
Tila Tequila's fiancee Casey Johnson died out of lack of insulin in her body system. The Johnson & Johnson heiress who was found dead on January 4, had been diagnosed with diabetes since childhood and the same disease ended her life, the Los Angeles Coroner's office announced on Thursday, February 4.
The specific cause of death is "diabetic ketoacidosis", a life-threatening condition resulting from the shortage of insulin which leads to the release of poisonous acid called ketones in blood. For people with diabetes, it is important to keep the level of insulin in the body stable by injecting the fluid regularly.
Beside insulin-bound, Johnson also has a history of substance abuse. However, the coroner ruled out any other contributing factors to her death beside the diabetes. Johnson is believed to have slipped into comas at least twice before her death.
Found lifeless in her home, Johnson reportedly was in a party the night before her death. The 30-year-old allegedly neglected to take her insulin regularly and was not following a strict diet or taking necessary medications to maintain her health prior to the unfortunate event.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp