Casey Johnson Died Out of Natural Causes
Tila Tequila's fiancee Casey Johnson died out of lack of insulin in her body system. The Johnson & Johnson heiress who was found dead on January 4, had been diagnosed with diabetes since childhood and the same disease ended her life, the Los Angeles Coroner's office announced on Thursday, February 4.
The specific cause of death is "diabetic ketoacidosis", a life-threatening condition resulting from the shortage of insulin which leads to the release of poisonous acid called ketones in blood. For people with diabetes, it is important to keep the level of insulin in the body stable by injecting the fluid regularly.
Beside insulin-bound, Johnson also has a history of substance abuse. However, the coroner ruled out any other contributing factors to her death beside the diabetes. Johnson is believed to have slipped into comas at least twice before her death.
Found lifeless in her home, Johnson reportedly was in a party the night before her death. The 30-year-old allegedly neglected to take her insulin regularly and was not following a strict diet or taking necessary medications to maintain her health prior to the unfortunate event.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says