Kelly Clarkson Blasts Taylor Swift's Label for Attacking 'American Idol'
Kelly Clarkson fires back at Taylor Swift's label boss Scott Borchetta after he attacked "American Idol" artists when defending the country music singer's performance at the recent Grammys. She is mad when Scott called the Idol performers as singers who never miss a note.
"I understand defending your artist obviously because I have done the same in the past for artists I like, including Taylor, so you might see why it's upsetting to read you attacking 'American Idol' for producing simply vocalists that hit 'the high notes'," she wrote on her blog. "Thank you for that 'Captain Obvious' sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the 'right' notes as well."
"Every artist has a bad performance or two and that is understandable, but throwing blame will not make the situation at hand any better. I have been criticized left and right for having shaky performances before (and they were shaky) and what my manager or label executives say to me and the public is 'I'll kick butt next time' or 'every performance isn't going to be perfect'."
"I bring this up because you should take a lesson from these people and instead of lashing out at other artists (that in your 'humble' opinion lack true artistry), you should simply take a breath and realize that sometimes things won't go according to plan or work out and that's okay."
In defending Taylor Swift's so-called "off-key" performance at the Grammys, Scott Borchetta called her "the voice of this generation." He stated further, "This is not 'American Idol'. This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note. This is about a true artist and writer and communicator. It's not about that technically perfect performance."
Strumming her guitar, Taylor first performed solo on the January 31 ceremony at the Los Angeles' Staples Center, singing "Today Was a Fairytale". She was then joined by Stevie Nicks for a medley of Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon" and her "You Belong With Me" song.
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory