Husband 'Upset' and 'Surprised' of Brittany Murphy's Cause of Death
A lethal combination of prescribed drugs, anemia and pneumonia had killed Brittany Murphy. L.A. County Coroner's office has ruled the 32-year-old actress' death as accidental, specifically saying that it was "community-acquired pneumonia" which was worsened by "iron deficiency anemia" and "multiple drug intoxication."
"She was anemic and she wasn't in good health," County Coroner office's assistant chief Ed Winter said. The autopsy which has been completed will be released to public in two weeks. The report will include what type of drugs she consumed orally on the day of her death, December 20, 2009. Ed noted that in some cases, when pills are taken at the same time, they can be harmful to the body.
Based on this the coroner concluded that her death could have been prevented if she had gone to the doctor earlier. Brittany's husband Simon Monjack has responded to the release of the findings in his late wife's death. "I don't know what he said so I don't want to comment on what I haven't seen," he said in a statement to People.
The director who admitted he was "ridiculously upset" said, "Everything [surprised me and Brittany's mom about the report]. I expected [the cause of death] to be her heart." Simon added that he noticed she was "not that ill" on the day she died. He recalled, "She wasn't coughing up. I've had pneumonia and coughed up handfuls of spittle. So yeah, everything surprised us, everything."
Brittany Murphy was found unconscious in the bathroom by her mother Sharon who suspected something was wrong when the actress was inside for so long. Sharon then called 911 while trying to resuscitate her daughter but to avail.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards