Husband 'Upset' and 'Surprised' of Brittany Murphy's Cause of Death
A lethal combination of prescribed drugs, anemia and pneumonia had killed Brittany Murphy. L.A. County Coroner's office has ruled the 32-year-old actress' death as accidental, specifically saying that it was "community-acquired pneumonia" which was worsened by "iron deficiency anemia" and "multiple drug intoxication."
"She was anemic and she wasn't in good health," County Coroner office's assistant chief Ed Winter said. The autopsy which has been completed will be released to public in two weeks. The report will include what type of drugs she consumed orally on the day of her death, December 20, 2009. Ed noted that in some cases, when pills are taken at the same time, they can be harmful to the body.
Based on this the coroner concluded that her death could have been prevented if she had gone to the doctor earlier. Brittany's husband Simon Monjack has responded to the release of the findings in his late wife's death. "I don't know what he said so I don't want to comment on what I haven't seen," he said in a statement to People.
The director who admitted he was "ridiculously upset" said, "Everything [surprised me and Brittany's mom about the report]. I expected [the cause of death] to be her heart." Simon added that he noticed she was "not that ill" on the day she died. He recalled, "She wasn't coughing up. I've had pneumonia and coughed up handfuls of spittle. So yeah, everything surprised us, everything."
Brittany Murphy was found unconscious in the bathroom by her mother Sharon who suspected something was wrong when the actress was inside for so long. Sharon then called 911 while trying to resuscitate her daughter but to avail.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says