Lady Antebellum Score Their First No. 1 Album on Hot 200
Lady Antebellum take the top spot on Billboard Hot 200 with their second studio album "Need You Now", forcing last week's champ "Hope for Haiti" compilation to slip one place to No. 2. The trio's January 26 release has sold more than 481,000 copies, passing the expectation of selling around 425,000.
Led by Grammy-winning single "I Run to You", the album becomes the band's first chart-topper on the U.S. albums chart. In 2008, Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott could only bow at No. 4 with a self-titled effort "Lady Antebellum" which scanned 43,000 copies in its first week on sale.
Other new entries at the Hot 200 are Barry Manilow's compilation "The Greatest Love Songs of All Time" which debuts at No. 5 with 57,000, Corinne Bailey Rae's "The Sea" which opens at No. 7 with 53,000, and Celtic Woman's "Songs From the Heart" which arrives at No. 9 with 42,000 units.
With five newcomers cracking the Top 10, several albums are forced to move out of the list. Among them are Alicia Keys' "The Element of Freedom", Ke$ha's "Animal", Vampire Weekend's "Contra and Spoon's "Transference". Additionally Taylor Swift's "Fearless" also drops out of the Top 10, falling to No. 13 with additional 34,000 copies despite the Grammy hype over the weekend which had her bringing home four trophies.
As for next week, Lil Wayne's much-delayed first rock-themed album "Rebirth" is estimated to take the No. 1 spot from Lady Antebellum's with 125,000 to 150,000 copies. Other new releases which could have notable debuts include Nick Jonas' "Who I Am" and Rob Zombie's "Hellbilly Deluxe 2".
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- "Hope for Haiti" album - various artists
- "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- "I Dreamed a Dream" - Susan Boyle
- "The Greatest Love Songs of All Time" - Barry Manilow
- "This Is It" - Michael Jackson
- "The Sea" - Corinne Bailey Rae
- "2010 Grammy Nominees" album - various artists
- "Songs From the Heart" - Celtic Woman
- "The E.N.D." - Black Eyed Peas
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7