Michael Jackson's Kids Approached for 'We Are the World' Remake
There is a chance that Michael Jackson's children will be involved in "We Are the World" charity effort for the Haitian. Co-producer Quincy Jones who works on the project along with RedOne recently admitted about planning to recruit the kids for the cause.
The late King of Pop's children will be asked by the producer to read a poem at the end of the star-studded song, according to Entertainment Tonight. The poem is written by Maya Angelou at the request of Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson.
On top of that, MTV reported Lionel Richie has talked with Janet Jackson about her contribution. The singer, who once collaborated with Michael in the original song, said Janet hits studio Tuesday, February 2 to sing her rendition of Michael's verses.
Though more than 50 celebrities have recorded "We Are the World" remix on February 1, it seems that they are not enough. Some other artists are hinted to be added to the line-up over the next few days. So far, rumored participants who didn't attend the Monday recording session are Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake and Lady GaGa. In this case, GaGa was rumored to have turned down to be part of the cause.
More Michael Jackson News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified