'Kick-Ass' Gets New International Red Band Trailer
Lionsgate Films has shared another preview to "Kick-Ass" by debuting a new international red band trailer which makes its way out via MSN. Providing some new footage, the fresh snippet combines Hit Girl's bloody actions and Kick-Ass' story background.
Adapted from comic book series of the same name by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., "Kick-Ass" promises to offer a twisted, funny, high-octane adventure from director Matthew Vaughn. The story centers on average teenager Dave Lizewski who decides to take his comic-book obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero.
Assembling green-colored suit and mask to wear, he opts to be called Kick-Ass and gets to work fighting crime. As a superhero wannabe, Kick-Ass actually has no superpower. However, his life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, is hunted by assorted violent and unpleasant characters, and meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes.
Aaron Johnson stars as the titular character while Chloe Moretz plays 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo Hit Girl. Other superhero characters Big Daddy and Red Mist are played by Nicolas Cage and Christopher Mintz-Plasse respectively. Meanwhile, taking the role of antagonist Frank D'Amico is Mark Strong. This action fantasy is set to hit U.S. theaters on April 16.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories