Behind the Scene of 'We Are the World' Remake, Lady GaGa Reportedly Refused to Come
More than 50 big musicians have gathered at the Hollywood's Henson Recording Studios on February 1 to record a remix of "We Are the World". From Jonas Brothers and Nicole Scherzinger to Kanye West and Akon, they brought their voice together to make a beautiful music which will be released to benefit Haitian relief effort.
Spotted missing on the star-studded line-up was Lady GaGa who was previously reported to lend her vocal. That leads to a speculation that she snubbed it. "They literally begged her to come," a source told The Hollywood Reporter. "She turned them down. She didn't get it."
Singing on the opening line, which was performed by Lionel Richie in the original song, reportedly is Justin Bieber. Meanwhile, delivering Bob Dylan's part is rapper Lil Wayne. Though at first admitting that he didn't know how to sing, Weezy feels honored with the task given to him.
"After I did Bob Dylan's part, it kinda hit me that I guess this is something way more important than I could've ever imagined," the rap mogul told the press and responded "hell no!" when asked if his rendition was better than Bob's.
A music video for the song is filmed in 3-D and will be premiered during NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics Friday, February 12. Paul Haggis is serving as the director.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding