Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor Smooched at Knighthood Ceremony
Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor have been honored by French Culture Minister as they were named knights in the National Order of Arts and Letters for their contributions to the film industry. And the two actors had the same thought in expressing their pride, by smooching each other on the lips.
Giving the prestigious title, Minister Frederic Mitterrand gave a far-from-formal speech. As quoted by BBC, during the February 1 ceremony, Minister Frederic exclaimed, "I love you, Jim Carrey! I love you, Ewan McGregor!" Jim and Ewan themselves were in Paris to promote their new big screen project "I Love You Phillip Morris" where they play as gay lovers.
Back in January, at Sundance Film Festival's press conference, the Carl Allen of "Yes Man" shared his locking lips experience with Ewan in their movie, saying "If I were to be really honest, there is a homophobic voice that rises up inside me."
"It goes 'that's kind of scary'. First of all, what will people think? And second of all, will I like kissing Ewan? How will that affect me and Jenny [McCarthy, his girlfriend]?" he revealed. "Those are the honest kind of thoughts that go through your head."
However, during an interview, Jim said that he doesn't "think it's a gay movie." He added, "I think it's a movie about humanity. For me, for my perspective and the perspective of my character, it's really about the lengths we go to for acceptance or love."
In "I Love You Phillip Morris", Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor tackle the roles of Steven Jay Russell and Phillip Morris respectively. They star opposite Leslie Mann, Rodrigo Santoro and Jessica Heap. The film is scheduled to hit U.S theaters on March 26.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story