Next 'Bourne' Film Could Be a Prequel
The future of next "Bourne" movie may follow the footsteps of "Spider-Man" franchise. After being left by director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon admitted that there could be a prequel to the action flick before an untitled Bourne 4 project is made in the next few years.
"There'll probably be a prequel of some kind with another actor and another director before we do another one," Damon told Empire at the U.K. premiere of "Invictus". "Just because I think we're probably another five years away from doing it - we've got to get a script." He then jokingly added, "If you have any ideas, call Universal. They'd love for you to get in touch!"
Back in December 2009, Paul Greengrass who worked on "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum" decided to quit the upcoming project. Despite report that he had problems with Universal Pictures, the 54-year-old filmmaker explained, "My decision to not return a third time as director is simply about feeling the call for a different challenge. There's been no disagreement with Universal Pictures."
Showing his confidence that Greengrass will return to "Bourne 4", Matt Damon once insisted that he will wait for the helmer, saying "I'll just wait for him and when he wants to do one, we'll do it." The actor who is expected to reprise his role as Jason Bourne in the next installment of the "Bourne" franchise additionally stated, "I think it will happen down the road. We just don't have a script right now."
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'