Matthew Fox Ditching TV After 'Lost'
When "Lost" wraps up the sixth season this summer, it would be the last fans would see Matthew Fox on television. The actor has spread the word that he is not returning to the small screen because he would like to focus on feature films, theater, work behind the scene and family.
"I won't be doing any more television," the actor told Us Magazine at the special screening of "Lost" in Waikiki Beach, Saturday, January 30. He added, "I've done two six-year shows, about 300 hours of television. I'm done with that." In fact, Fox is thrilled that "Lost" is finally over. He told Britain's Live magazine, "I want a new life - I am thrilled Lost is finally over. I've spent five years as Dr. Jack Shepherd."
Where he would go next, Fox, who made his big break in "Part of Five", said, "I'm either going to make movies with filmmakers I want to work with or I'll be doing something else entirely."
Beside career, the 43-year-old would also like to dedicate his time to his family. "My family will move to Oregon, back to the country I love," the actor who juggled between Hawaii and L.A. said. "I miss the four seasons climate. We're building a house up there and I'll be closer to my brothers and my mother. Our kids will be closer to their first cousins."
Despite ditching television, he admitted that Hawaii and "Lost" hold a special place in his heart. "It's made my name and made me famous all over the world. I've won awards for it and it's possibly the best TV series that has ever been made, but nothing beats leaping back into the unknown. Filming the very last show was a mix of sadness and pure exhilaration for me," he concluded.
"Lost" begins season 6 tonight, February 2 on ABC.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation