Matthew Fox Ditching TV After 'Lost'
When "Lost" wraps up the sixth season this summer, it would be the last fans would see Matthew Fox on television. The actor has spread the word that he is not returning to the small screen because he would like to focus on feature films, theater, work behind the scene and family.
"I won't be doing any more television," the actor told Us Magazine at the special screening of "Lost" in Waikiki Beach, Saturday, January 30. He added, "I've done two six-year shows, about 300 hours of television. I'm done with that." In fact, Fox is thrilled that "Lost" is finally over. He told Britain's Live magazine, "I want a new life - I am thrilled Lost is finally over. I've spent five years as Dr. Jack Shepherd."
Where he would go next, Fox, who made his big break in "Part of Five", said, "I'm either going to make movies with filmmakers I want to work with or I'll be doing something else entirely."
Beside career, the 43-year-old would also like to dedicate his time to his family. "My family will move to Oregon, back to the country I love," the actor who juggled between Hawaii and L.A. said. "I miss the four seasons climate. We're building a house up there and I'll be closer to my brothers and my mother. Our kids will be closer to their first cousins."
Despite ditching television, he admitted that Hawaii and "Lost" hold a special place in his heart. "It's made my name and made me famous all over the world. I've won awards for it and it's possibly the best TV series that has ever been made, but nothing beats leaping back into the unknown. Filming the very last show was a mix of sadness and pure exhilaration for me," he concluded.
"Lost" begins season 6 tonight, February 2 on ABC.
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards