Matthew Fox Ditching TV After 'Lost'
When "Lost" wraps up the sixth season this summer, it would be the last fans would see Matthew Fox on television. The actor has spread the word that he is not returning to the small screen because he would like to focus on feature films, theater, work behind the scene and family.
"I won't be doing any more television," the actor told Us Magazine at the special screening of "Lost" in Waikiki Beach, Saturday, January 30. He added, "I've done two six-year shows, about 300 hours of television. I'm done with that." In fact, Fox is thrilled that "Lost" is finally over. He told Britain's Live magazine, "I want a new life - I am thrilled Lost is finally over. I've spent five years as Dr. Jack Shepherd."
Where he would go next, Fox, who made his big break in "Part of Five", said, "I'm either going to make movies with filmmakers I want to work with or I'll be doing something else entirely."
Beside career, the 43-year-old would also like to dedicate his time to his family. "My family will move to Oregon, back to the country I love," the actor who juggled between Hawaii and L.A. said. "I miss the four seasons climate. We're building a house up there and I'll be closer to my brothers and my mother. Our kids will be closer to their first cousins."
Despite ditching television, he admitted that Hawaii and "Lost" hold a special place in his heart. "It's made my name and made me famous all over the world. I've won awards for it and it's possibly the best TV series that has ever been made, but nothing beats leaping back into the unknown. Filming the very last show was a mix of sadness and pure exhilaration for me," he concluded.
"Lost" begins season 6 tonight, February 2 on ABC.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce