Matthew Fox Ditching TV After 'Lost'
When "Lost" wraps up the sixth season this summer, it would be the last fans would see Matthew Fox on television. The actor has spread the word that he is not returning to the small screen because he would like to focus on feature films, theater, work behind the scene and family.
"I won't be doing any more television," the actor told Us Magazine at the special screening of "Lost" in Waikiki Beach, Saturday, January 30. He added, "I've done two six-year shows, about 300 hours of television. I'm done with that." In fact, Fox is thrilled that "Lost" is finally over. He told Britain's Live magazine, "I want a new life - I am thrilled Lost is finally over. I've spent five years as Dr. Jack Shepherd."
Where he would go next, Fox, who made his big break in "Part of Five", said, "I'm either going to make movies with filmmakers I want to work with or I'll be doing something else entirely."
Beside career, the 43-year-old would also like to dedicate his time to his family. "My family will move to Oregon, back to the country I love," the actor who juggled between Hawaii and L.A. said. "I miss the four seasons climate. We're building a house up there and I'll be closer to my brothers and my mother. Our kids will be closer to their first cousins."
Despite ditching television, he admitted that Hawaii and "Lost" hold a special place in his heart. "It's made my name and made me famous all over the world. I've won awards for it and it's possibly the best TV series that has ever been made, but nothing beats leaping back into the unknown. Filming the very last show was a mix of sadness and pure exhilaration for me," he concluded.
"Lost" begins season 6 tonight, February 2 on ABC.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny