Katy Perry Found Out Russell Brand's Proposal Plan Through Google
The hitmaker of breakthrough single "I Kissed a Girl", Katy Perry, has predicted about her British beau Russell Brand's proposal to her before it was finally done on December 31, 2009. Perry was suspicious about Brand's proposal plan through search engine Google.
According to Us Magazine, during the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards on January 31, she said, "Unfortunately, I still Google myself sometimes. I saw it on Google alerts. I'm going to be honest!" Responding to the reports sparked on the web, the 34-year-old British funnyman came out with his own good excuse. Brand told Ryan Seacrest on E! Red carpet interview, "I was buying rings."
Then, Brand recalled his proposal to Perry, saying, "There was an elephant involved." He continued, "We were on an elephant just before it. We were in India. It was at midnight, and it is not a good idea to be on the back of an elephant during a fireworks display."
Although they made no secret about their engagement, both Perry and Brand refused to tell the media about the date of their impending wedding. At the same interview, Brand told Seacrest, quipping "You're the high priest of celebrity culture. You could marry us."
Brand presented Perry with a ring just before midnight on New Year's Eve. Wearing traditional Indian outfits, the couple got their relationship blessed by a "love guru" in a private spiritual ceremony taking place in a tent at the foot of a Jaipur mountain.
Katy Perry and Russell Brand become romantically linked after they met at the 2009 MTV Music Awards in September last year. At that time, Brand was doing his stint as its host while Perry was performing at the star-studded ceremony. A year later, the pair went public as a couple, making an appearance together at a party hosted by fashion powerhouse Fendi in Paris.
More Katy Perry News
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface