Artist of the Week: Lady Antebellum
Out of the double nominations they received, Lady Antebellum won one gong at the 2010 Grammy Awards. They received the trophy for their hit single "I Run to You", beating other songs from Brooks & Dunn, Zac Brown Band, Rascal Flatts and Sugarland.
This marks the first time Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott brought home a Golden Gramophone to their award collection. Last year, this trio failed to snatch any trophy from the two nominations they got.
Their victory on the biggest music awards celebration will be extended to the Billboard Hot 200. When releasing a second studio album called "Need You Now", they are estimated to easily sell around 325,000 copies by January 31 and secure the No. 1 on the U.S. albums chart.
The music industry estimation turns to be true, their album has sold more than 350,000 copies only after one day hitting the stores across the nation. Therefore, it is now confidently estimated by Billboard that the album selling number will reach 425,000.
Thus, "Need You Now" will be the band's first chart topper on Hot 200 since pursuing a singing career in 2006. In 2008, they bowed at No. 4 with a self-titled effort "Lady Antebellum".
" 'Need You Now' has opened us up to such a bigger audience just in general in country music and even other genres," Kelley said during an interview. "So we definitely feel that, and we've had a conscious effort to go in this year and create a bigger show and try to take advantage of that momentum and try to take it to that next level."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal