52nd Grammys: Performances by Black Eyed Peas and Pink
Black Eyed Peas went futuristic in their Grammy Awards performance Sunday, January 31, wearing cyborg kind of costume during the "Imma Be" piece. Introduced by Miley Cyrus, they mashed up the song with "I Gotta Feeling" with several dancers backing them up. There was a montage of fan videos playing behind them.
Earlier at the event, Pink traded her mermaid-tail gown with a white hooded gown for a performance of "Glitter in the Air". There was a bit of Cirque du Soleil piece toward the end where she did an acrobatic act by spinning on the hanging cloth, giving a meaning to "Glitter in the Air".
Black Eyed Peas are nominated for five categories and they have won three of them so far. They took home Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals ("I Gotta Feeling"), Best Pop Vocal Album ("The E.N.D.") and Best Short Form Video ("Boom Boom Pow"). Pink meanwhile, is nominated for two, but BEP have crushed her chance in the Best Pop Vocal Album category.
- Black Eyed Peas
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance