'Avatar' Hits 2 Billion Dollars Mark on Seventh Weekend
"Avatar" continues ruling North American Box Office. For seven straight weekends, the James Cameron-directed film became champion at the chart. The movie pulled in $31.3 million this week and made total domestic cume of $595.8 million so far.
Additionally, after beating "Titanic" as the highest worldwide grosser of all time, "Avatar" has made another record by becoming the first movie which hit $2 billion mark. According to The Hollywood Reporter, this big-budget flick has collected $2.04 billion global revenue.
Newcomers "Edge of Darkness" and "When in Rome" followed "Avatar" on second and third places respectively. The Mel Gibson-starring drama thriller raked in $17.2 million, while the romantic comedy grossed $12.4 million on their debut weekend.
Meanwhile, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson-starring comedy "Tooth Fairy" stood still on the fourth spot with $10 million after it was debuted on January 22. The fifth place went to Denzel Washington's drama thriller "The Book of Eli" which added another $8.9 million to its domestic haul.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for January 29-31:
- "Avatar" - $31.3 million
- "Edge of Darkness" - $17.2 million
- "When in Rome" - $12.4 million
- "Tooth Fairy" - $10 million
- "The Book of Eli" - $8.9 million
- "Legion" - $7.2 million
- "The Lovely Bones" - $4.7 million
- "Sherlock Holmes" - $4.5 million
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" - $4 million
- "It's Complicated" - $3.8 million
More Avatar News
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram