'Jersey Shore' Back for Season 2 With Full Cast
Despite criticism from outside parties and the protest from the cast, MTV moves forward with "Jersey Shore". The reality show that follows a group of Italian American living in the beach area of New Jersey will be back for a second season. The deal was finalized on Friday, January 29.
Earlier this week, cast members like Snooki, The Situation, Ronnie and Sammi have demanded bigger salary after the rating catapults high on the first season finale. They reportedly want $10,000 per episode each, a considerably huge raise from a few hundred bucks that they got when the series kicked off.
Apparently MTV has struck some kind of deal with the original cast that all of them have agreed to return for another round. 12 episodes are in order and production is expected to begin soon. But since New Jersey will be going through winter, the shooting will have to be moved to warmer area. MTV has not announced the new location.
"Our audience has fallen in love with 'Jersey Shore' and its amazing cast who have really grown together as a family. That bond gives the show its heart, and we're thrilled to reunite these friends to bring fans more of what they love -- laughs, love, drama and of course, GTL," said Tony DiSanto, president of programming for MTV.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'