'Jersey Shore' Back for Season 2 With Full Cast
Despite criticism from outside parties and the protest from the cast, MTV moves forward with "Jersey Shore". The reality show that follows a group of Italian American living in the beach area of New Jersey will be back for a second season. The deal was finalized on Friday, January 29.
Earlier this week, cast members like Snooki, The Situation, Ronnie and Sammi have demanded bigger salary after the rating catapults high on the first season finale. They reportedly want $10,000 per episode each, a considerably huge raise from a few hundred bucks that they got when the series kicked off.
Apparently MTV has struck some kind of deal with the original cast that all of them have agreed to return for another round. 12 episodes are in order and production is expected to begin soon. But since New Jersey will be going through winter, the shooting will have to be moved to warmer area. MTV has not announced the new location.
"Our audience has fallen in love with 'Jersey Shore' and its amazing cast who have really grown together as a family. That bond gives the show its heart, and we're thrilled to reunite these friends to bring fans more of what they love -- laughs, love, drama and of course, GTL," said Tony DiSanto, president of programming for MTV.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns