Director Wanted Dakota Fanning Topless in 'The Runaways'
As if same-sex kissing scene between Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in "The Runaways" is not racy enough, Floria Sigismondi said she could have done more if the 15-year-old actress were few years older. Speaking to LA Times, the helmer admitted that she actually wanted the role of Cherie Currie seen topless in the movie.
"There were a lot of things I couldn't do that I wanted to do," the 44-year-old filmmaker revealed. Asked about her desire that could not be fulfilled, Sigismondi said, "If I used an 18-year-old, I could've maybe had her topless ... just to give it a little more reality." Though so, she seems satisfied with Fanning and Stewart's works as the director called them "such pros".
Based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, "The Runaways" will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. It is also said to highlight the relationship between The Runaways' lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
Beside Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart who take the lead roles of Cherie and Joan respectively, the biopic will see Scout Taylor-Compton playing Lita Ford, Stella Maeve portraying Sandy West, and Alia Shawkat starring as fictional character Robin. Premiered at the 26th Sundance Film Festival, this flick is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on March 19.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed