Director Wanted Dakota Fanning Topless in 'The Runaways'
As if same-sex kissing scene between Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in "The Runaways" is not racy enough, Floria Sigismondi said she could have done more if the 15-year-old actress were few years older. Speaking to LA Times, the helmer admitted that she actually wanted the role of Cherie Currie seen topless in the movie.
"There were a lot of things I couldn't do that I wanted to do," the 44-year-old filmmaker revealed. Asked about her desire that could not be fulfilled, Sigismondi said, "If I used an 18-year-old, I could've maybe had her topless ... just to give it a little more reality." Though so, she seems satisfied with Fanning and Stewart's works as the director called them "such pros".
Based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, "The Runaways" will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. It is also said to highlight the relationship between The Runaways' lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
Beside Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart who take the lead roles of Cherie and Joan respectively, the biopic will see Scout Taylor-Compton playing Lita Ford, Stella Maeve portraying Sandy West, and Alia Shawkat starring as fictional character Robin. Premiered at the 26th Sundance Film Festival, this flick is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on March 19.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards