Director Wanted Dakota Fanning Topless in 'The Runaways'
As if same-sex kissing scene between Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart in "The Runaways" is not racy enough, Floria Sigismondi said she could have done more if the 15-year-old actress were few years older. Speaking to LA Times, the helmer admitted that she actually wanted the role of Cherie Currie seen topless in the movie.
"There were a lot of things I couldn't do that I wanted to do," the 44-year-old filmmaker revealed. Asked about her desire that could not be fulfilled, Sigismondi said, "If I used an 18-year-old, I could've maybe had her topless ... just to give it a little more reality." Though so, she seems satisfied with Fanning and Stewart's works as the director called them "such pros".
Based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, "The Runaways" will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. It is also said to highlight the relationship between The Runaways' lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
Beside Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart who take the lead roles of Cherie and Joan respectively, the biopic will see Scout Taylor-Compton playing Lita Ford, Stella Maeve portraying Sandy West, and Alia Shawkat starring as fictional character Robin. Premiered at the 26th Sundance Film Festival, this flick is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on March 19.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back