Samantha Harris Quits 'DWTS' for Other Gigs
Eight seasons on "Dancing with the Stars", Samantha Harris took her final bow in the ninth season which was completed in Fall last year. The co-host of the dancing show will not return to assist Tom Bergeron in the tenth season which will begin on March 22.
Harris leaves the show to concentrate on other projects including being the correspondent of "The Insider". Bergeron nevertheless said that this would not be the last that they would see Harris on the show. "I've been known to try to twist arms behind the scenes," he told People. "I'm hoping this frees her up for us to have her as a contestant."
Harris herself has called hosting "DWTS" as a dream job, saying "I loved every single second of it and I've made lifelong friends at the show." In return, Executive Producer Conrad Green said, "It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Samantha since she joined the 'DWTS' team in Season 2. She will be much missed, but always part of the 'DWTS' family. We support her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Green said that her replacement is being searched. Some said Drew Lachey who filled in for her when she had a maternity leave is one of the potential candidates beside Paula Abdul. The inclusion of Abdul's name has been heard since earlier this week when a source said she would be involved in "some form".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media