Samantha Harris Quits 'DWTS' for Other Gigs
Eight seasons on "Dancing with the Stars", Samantha Harris took her final bow in the ninth season which was completed in Fall last year. The co-host of the dancing show will not return to assist Tom Bergeron in the tenth season which will begin on March 22.
Harris leaves the show to concentrate on other projects including being the correspondent of "The Insider". Bergeron nevertheless said that this would not be the last that they would see Harris on the show. "I've been known to try to twist arms behind the scenes," he told People. "I'm hoping this frees her up for us to have her as a contestant."
Harris herself has called hosting "DWTS" as a dream job, saying "I loved every single second of it and I've made lifelong friends at the show." In return, Executive Producer Conrad Green said, "It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Samantha since she joined the 'DWTS' team in Season 2. She will be much missed, but always part of the 'DWTS' family. We support her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Green said that her replacement is being searched. Some said Drew Lachey who filled in for her when she had a maternity leave is one of the potential candidates beside Paula Abdul. The inclusion of Abdul's name has been heard since earlier this week when a source said she would be involved in "some form".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video