Samantha Harris Quits 'DWTS' for Other Gigs
Eight seasons on "Dancing with the Stars", Samantha Harris took her final bow in the ninth season which was completed in Fall last year. The co-host of the dancing show will not return to assist Tom Bergeron in the tenth season which will begin on March 22.
Harris leaves the show to concentrate on other projects including being the correspondent of "The Insider". Bergeron nevertheless said that this would not be the last that they would see Harris on the show. "I've been known to try to twist arms behind the scenes," he told People. "I'm hoping this frees her up for us to have her as a contestant."
Harris herself has called hosting "DWTS" as a dream job, saying "I loved every single second of it and I've made lifelong friends at the show." In return, Executive Producer Conrad Green said, "It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Samantha since she joined the 'DWTS' team in Season 2. She will be much missed, but always part of the 'DWTS' family. We support her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Green said that her replacement is being searched. Some said Drew Lachey who filled in for her when she had a maternity leave is one of the potential candidates beside Paula Abdul. The inclusion of Abdul's name has been heard since earlier this week when a source said she would be involved in "some form".
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle