Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore Close to 'Laughing Out Loud'
Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore may team up in "L.O.L.: Laughing Out Loud". Variety has just reported that the Disney star and the 47-year-old actress are currently in negotiation with Mandate International to star in the remake of the French film of the same name.
The story will follow a 15-year-old girl who, dumped by her more sexually experienced boyfriend, sets her sights on his best friend. At the same time, her 40-year-old divorcee mother is struggling to move on with her life. The fraught relationship between mother and daughter provides the film with its narrative backbone, along with the younger generation's obsession with instant messaging. In the French version, the daughter and mother roles are played by Christa Theret and Sophie Marceau.
Lisa Azuelos-Alessandrin, who served behind the camera for the original film, will write as well as direct the upcoming movie. Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher of Double Feature Films will produce with Romaine Le Grand and Nathan Kahane set to be executive producers.
Miley Cyrus is currently starring as the title character in Disney Channel's series "Hannah Montana". She will make cameo appearance in upcoming "Sex and the City 2" and take the lead female role in "The Last Song", which is going to be released in the U.S. on April 2.
Meanwhile, Demi Moore is best known for her role as Molly Jensen in 1990 "Ghost", in which she starred opposite late actor Patrick Swayze. She later played major characters in several movies, such as "The Scarlet Letter" and "G.I. Jane". Her next movie "Happy Tears" will be dropped in limited U.S. theaters on February 19.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture