Sam Worthington In Talks to Be Dracula
After being painted blue in his latest film "Avatar", Sam Worthington could be seen wearing fangs in his next movie. Universal Pictures has just confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that they have been in negotiation with the 33-year-old actor to star in "Dracula Year Zero".
Report that Worthington has been in talks to tackle Dracula was first brought into attention by Latino Review. The site additionally informed that the movie, which will explore the origin of Dracula and weave vampire mythology with the true history of Prince Vlad the Impaler, is budgeted at over $100 million.
The man behind "I, Robot", Alex Proyas, has been slated to direct "Dracula Year Zero" which is scheduled for a summer 2011 release. However, no start date has been set for the upcoming movie, which is now in the development stages. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless write the script while Michael De Luca serves as producer.
Prior to his portrayal of Jake Sully in James Cameron-directed "Avatar", Sam Worthington has been known for his role of Marcus Wright in "Terminator Salvation". He can next be seen playing Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" which will be released on March 26 in the U.S.
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef