Sam Worthington In Talks to Be Dracula
After being painted blue in his latest film "Avatar", Sam Worthington could be seen wearing fangs in his next movie. Universal Pictures has just confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that they have been in negotiation with the 33-year-old actor to star in "Dracula Year Zero".
Report that Worthington has been in talks to tackle Dracula was first brought into attention by Latino Review. The site additionally informed that the movie, which will explore the origin of Dracula and weave vampire mythology with the true history of Prince Vlad the Impaler, is budgeted at over $100 million.
The man behind "I, Robot", Alex Proyas, has been slated to direct "Dracula Year Zero" which is scheduled for a summer 2011 release. However, no start date has been set for the upcoming movie, which is now in the development stages. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless write the script while Michael De Luca serves as producer.
Prior to his portrayal of Jake Sully in James Cameron-directed "Avatar", Sam Worthington has been known for his role of Marcus Wright in "Terminator Salvation". He can next be seen playing Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" which will be released on March 26 in the U.S.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia