Sam Worthington In Talks to Be Dracula
After being painted blue in his latest film "Avatar", Sam Worthington could be seen wearing fangs in his next movie. Universal Pictures has just confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that they have been in negotiation with the 33-year-old actor to star in "Dracula Year Zero".
Report that Worthington has been in talks to tackle Dracula was first brought into attention by Latino Review. The site additionally informed that the movie, which will explore the origin of Dracula and weave vampire mythology with the true history of Prince Vlad the Impaler, is budgeted at over $100 million.
The man behind "I, Robot", Alex Proyas, has been slated to direct "Dracula Year Zero" which is scheduled for a summer 2011 release. However, no start date has been set for the upcoming movie, which is now in the development stages. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless write the script while Michael De Luca serves as producer.
Prior to his portrayal of Jake Sully in James Cameron-directed "Avatar", Sam Worthington has been known for his role of Marcus Wright in "Terminator Salvation". He can next be seen playing Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" which will be released on March 26 in the U.S.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video