Sam Worthington In Talks to Be Dracula
After being painted blue in his latest film "Avatar", Sam Worthington could be seen wearing fangs in his next movie. Universal Pictures has just confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that they have been in negotiation with the 33-year-old actor to star in "Dracula Year Zero".
Report that Worthington has been in talks to tackle Dracula was first brought into attention by Latino Review. The site additionally informed that the movie, which will explore the origin of Dracula and weave vampire mythology with the true history of Prince Vlad the Impaler, is budgeted at over $100 million.
The man behind "I, Robot", Alex Proyas, has been slated to direct "Dracula Year Zero" which is scheduled for a summer 2011 release. However, no start date has been set for the upcoming movie, which is now in the development stages. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless write the script while Michael De Luca serves as producer.
Prior to his portrayal of Jake Sully in James Cameron-directed "Avatar", Sam Worthington has been known for his role of Marcus Wright in "Terminator Salvation". He can next be seen playing Perseus in "Clash of the Titans" which will be released on March 26 in the U.S.
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her