Forest Whitaker to Headline 'Criminal Minds' Spin-Off
After reportedly a lengthy on- and off- negotiations, Forest Whitaker is in final stages to star in a spin-off to "Criminal Minds". His character, named Cooper, will be introduced in an episode of "Criminal Minds" later this season and go on headlining a new unit which makes the basis of the not-yet-titled project.
Cooper is described as a dynamic, loyal, charming, mysterious squad leader who also becomes a fatherly figure to the team members. Together with other profilers, Cooper works outside FBI bureaucracy. He is actually a former member of Behavioral Unit but he has been off the grid in the past eight years, leaving questions and mystery surrounding his absence.
The spin-off is another project by "Criminal Minds" exec producer Chris Mundy who works together with fellow producer Ed Bernero. Beside starring, Whitaker is also expected to be credited as producer.
Should the Monday, January 25 negotiation went smoothly, then this would be Whitaker's first regular gig since his role as Jon Kavanaugh on "The Shield".
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation