Forest Whitaker to Headline 'Criminal Minds' Spin-Off
After reportedly a lengthy on- and off- negotiations, Forest Whitaker is in final stages to star in a spin-off to "Criminal Minds". His character, named Cooper, will be introduced in an episode of "Criminal Minds" later this season and go on headlining a new unit which makes the basis of the not-yet-titled project.
Cooper is described as a dynamic, loyal, charming, mysterious squad leader who also becomes a fatherly figure to the team members. Together with other profilers, Cooper works outside FBI bureaucracy. He is actually a former member of Behavioral Unit but he has been off the grid in the past eight years, leaving questions and mystery surrounding his absence.
The spin-off is another project by "Criminal Minds" exec producer Chris Mundy who works together with fellow producer Ed Bernero. Beside starring, Whitaker is also expected to be credited as producer.
Should the Monday, January 25 negotiation went smoothly, then this would be Whitaker's first regular gig since his role as Jon Kavanaugh on "The Shield".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie