Big Mike Allegedly Disqualified From 'American Idol'
Michael Lynche, a contestant of "American Idol" from St. Petersburg, has to swallow the bitter pill of early elimination since rumor has it, he is disqualified from the Top 24. Lynche is removed from the competition because his father confirmed to a Tampa Bay paper that his son has made it to the Top 24.
Lynche, who called himself Big Mike during the audition, is reportedly a favorite in Hollywood. His name actually has appeared on Joe's Place blog which accurately leaked the names who entered the Top 24 or 36 in previous years. But his father, Marque Sr., went on confirming it to St. Petersburg Times.
Apparently, producers of the show want to keep such thing a confidential information. Since his father has leaked the news, Lynche is reportedly replaced by another contestant Antwan Michael who made it to the Top 50 but was axed. "Idol" producers or FOX have not made their comment.
This week, "Idol" is airing two more audition rounds before moving to the road to Hollywood and the first part of Hollywood round on February 9. The Top 24 will be announced on February 17 episode.
Lynche is not the only one in his family to have made it into "American Idol". His brother Marque Lynche Jr. passed the semifinals in 2004 but was cut before the final 12.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'