Big Mike Allegedly Disqualified From 'American Idol'
Michael Lynche, a contestant of "American Idol" from St. Petersburg, has to swallow the bitter pill of early elimination since rumor has it, he is disqualified from the Top 24. Lynche is removed from the competition because his father confirmed to a Tampa Bay paper that his son has made it to the Top 24.
Lynche, who called himself Big Mike during the audition, is reportedly a favorite in Hollywood. His name actually has appeared on Joe's Place blog which accurately leaked the names who entered the Top 24 or 36 in previous years. But his father, Marque Sr., went on confirming it to St. Petersburg Times.
Apparently, producers of the show want to keep such thing a confidential information. Since his father has leaked the news, Lynche is reportedly replaced by another contestant Antwan Michael who made it to the Top 50 but was axed. "Idol" producers or FOX have not made their comment.
This week, "Idol" is airing two more audition rounds before moving to the road to Hollywood and the first part of Hollywood round on February 9. The Top 24 will be announced on February 17 episode.
Lynche is not the only one in his family to have made it into "American Idol". His brother Marque Lynche Jr. passed the semifinals in 2004 but was cut before the final 12.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?