Big Mike Allegedly Disqualified From 'American Idol'
Michael Lynche, a contestant of "American Idol" from St. Petersburg, has to swallow the bitter pill of early elimination since rumor has it, he is disqualified from the Top 24. Lynche is removed from the competition because his father confirmed to a Tampa Bay paper that his son has made it to the Top 24.
Lynche, who called himself Big Mike during the audition, is reportedly a favorite in Hollywood. His name actually has appeared on Joe's Place blog which accurately leaked the names who entered the Top 24 or 36 in previous years. But his father, Marque Sr., went on confirming it to St. Petersburg Times.
Apparently, producers of the show want to keep such thing a confidential information. Since his father has leaked the news, Lynche is reportedly replaced by another contestant Antwan Michael who made it to the Top 50 but was axed. "Idol" producers or FOX have not made their comment.
This week, "Idol" is airing two more audition rounds before moving to the road to Hollywood and the first part of Hollywood round on February 9. The Top 24 will be announced on February 17 episode.
Lynche is not the only one in his family to have made it into "American Idol". His brother Marque Lynche Jr. passed the semifinals in 2004 but was cut before the final 12.
More American Idol News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3