Orlando Bloom Wants to Reprise Legolas in 'The Hobbit'
While filmmakers have been busy looking for actors of "The Hobbit", they will not have to hold an audition if they plan to feature Legolas in the upcoming adventure movie. Orlando Bloom, who has played the character in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, has said that he would love to reprise the Elf archer if Peter Jackson wanted him for his new film.
Being interviewed by MTV at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, the English actor revealed that he has approached producer Peter Jackson about possibly returning for "The Hobbit". "I shot an e-mail to Pete and I said, 'You know, if you want me to don the blonde wig and pointy ears again, I'd be honored to do it'," Orlando admitted. "He said, 'Well, we'll see.' They're very, very hush-hush."
Orlando has a small chance to reprise Legolas in "The Hobbit" because the character has no role in the original story. Though so, he has shown his sincere support for Peter and Guillermo del Toro's upcoming film project. "It's Guillermo's movie and I'm a huge fan of that man. He's obviously going to take his own idea of it, but I'm excited for that movie. I think it's going to be great," he gushed.
So far, three stars have been confirmed to play in "The Hobbit". Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett will all reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming movie. However, the depicter of major character Bilbo Baggins has not been known yet.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It will be made into two movies with "The Hobbit 2" being planned to be released a year after the first one. Meanwhile, recent report suggested that the first film is likely to be pushed back from its original 2011 release schedule to late 2012.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris