Orlando Bloom Wants to Reprise Legolas in 'The Hobbit'
While filmmakers have been busy looking for actors of "The Hobbit", they will not have to hold an audition if they plan to feature Legolas in the upcoming adventure movie. Orlando Bloom, who has played the character in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, has said that he would love to reprise the Elf archer if Peter Jackson wanted him for his new film.
Being interviewed by MTV at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival, the English actor revealed that he has approached producer Peter Jackson about possibly returning for "The Hobbit". "I shot an e-mail to Pete and I said, 'You know, if you want me to don the blonde wig and pointy ears again, I'd be honored to do it'," Orlando admitted. "He said, 'Well, we'll see.' They're very, very hush-hush."
Orlando has a small chance to reprise Legolas in "The Hobbit" because the character has no role in the original story. Though so, he has shown his sincere support for Peter and Guillermo del Toro's upcoming film project. "It's Guillermo's movie and I'm a huge fan of that man. He's obviously going to take his own idea of it, but I'm excited for that movie. I think it's going to be great," he gushed.
So far, three stars have been confirmed to play in "The Hobbit". Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett will all reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming movie. However, the depicter of major character Bilbo Baggins has not been known yet.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It will be made into two movies with "The Hobbit 2" being planned to be released a year after the first one. Meanwhile, recent report suggested that the first film is likely to be pushed back from its original 2011 release schedule to late 2012.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says