CBS Renews 'How I Met Your Mother' for Season 6
"How I Met Your Mother" is one of the very first shows that get a guarantee from CBS to be back for another season. The Eye has just renewed the half-hour comedy series starring Neil Patrick Harris for a sixth season which is expected to be debuted this Fall.
"HIMYM" has been a solid Monday night performer for the network beside "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory". Harris has also picked up a Golden Globe nomination this year although he lost it to John Lithgow of "Dexter".
Additionally, creators slash executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are already in contract with 20th Century Fox TV for three more years. The renewal of "HIMYM" also means they have to work double their time for the studio has also appointed them to create a new but not yet titled show about a young couple and their friends in Pittsburgh.
Meanwhile, THR said "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" are in the midst of a multi-year pickup. CBS has renewed as well, "Survivor" for two more seasons and "The Amazing Race" for one more season.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences