Storyline and Villains for 'Star Trek' Sequel Discussed
There is still about one and a half year away before the follow up to "Star Trek" hits U.S. theaters. However, writers for this untitled Star Trek sequel Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have been working on the script for the movie. During a panel after a screening of "Star Trek" at the WGA theater in Beverly Hills on Wednesday, January 20, the two were willing to spill some of their ideas for the upcoming film.
"We would never do a remake....it will be some time in the five-year mission," Orci stated about the set of the second "Star Trek" film. He then added, "But that is a question. Should we pick them up immediately the next day or should it be later, we are still discussing that."
Later, without mentioning any possible villainous character, Kurtzman claimed the villain will have a significant part in the sequel. "I think sequels are very much about the villain. Because while [in the first one] the villain serves to bring the crew together, the second one I think has to be a true challenging of what that family is about," he explained.
The 36-year-old scriptwriter additionally credited Wrath of Khan who has brought up together a solid starship crew in the first movie. "Khan tested each one of them and ultimately asked for the ultimately sacrifice, and that is why that movie held up so well," he said.
Paramount Pictures recently announced that they have planned a summer release for the second installment of "Star Trek" film franchise, locking June 29, 2012 slot. Beside Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof has also been tapped to work on the script, while J.J. Abrams has not confirmed whether or not he will return to his directing job for the sequel.
The full coverage of Q&A session with the duo writers can be seen on TrekMovie.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities