Kristen Stewart Hurts Herself for Stripper Role in 'Welcome to the Rileys'
Kristen Stewart has worked hard to portray her stripper character in "Welcome to the Rileys". Being met at 2010 Sundance Film Festival during which the indie flick was premiered, the 19-year-old beauty admitted that she has hurt herself when doing some pole dancing.
"I did some pole dancing," the young actress who gained recognition through her portrayal of Bella Swan in "Twilight" told E! Online. "I got bruises all over my legs. I tore myself up doing it. It sucked." Still, she loved doing it, saying "The more I saw it, the more I wanted it. It was like a weird self-hating kind of thing."
Stewart additionally explained how she prepared for the character by learning from the real strippers. "So in preparing for the role I talked to a lot of people, actually like three people in New Orleans, that were strippers that were working in this bar that we ended up using in the movie," she shared. "I did have to do pole dancing lessons!"
Director Jake Scott then dished on the filming process of the dancing scenes, claiming "She was terrified." The filmmaker then added, "The strip club we shot in was really a club, and it really was that dirty and really that tough. But she killed it."
However, Scott claimed he won't expose Stewart's naughty side in the movie, saying "This is not about a stripper. It's about a damaged child." Agreeing the helmer's statement, Stewart stated, "The cool thing about my character is she is not sultry and she is not sexy."
"Welcome to the Rileys" centers its story on Stewart's Mallory, a troubled teenager who becomes a lap dancer as well as a prostitute. On a business trip to New Orleans, a damaged man, played by James Gandolfini, meets her. Later, he and his wife, portrayed by Melissa Leo, try to help Mallory. The young woman, in return, unites the grieving couple who has drifted apart after the death of their daughter. This drama has not had exact release date but it is planned to be dropped in 2010 in the U.S.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna