First 'Hobbit' Movie May Be Pushed Back Until 2012
Fans might have to wait a little longer before they can watch "The Hobbit". Despite Peter Jackson's persistence that the film is still on the track for its 2011 release schedule, Variety has hinted that the movie will possibly not come out until the end of 2012. "[Warner Bros. Pictures topper Alan] Horn won't predict when the first of the two 'Hobbit' films will be out, but says the most probable scenario would be a release in the fourth quarter of 2012," so read a line written on the site's recent article.
Back in December, there was rumor that the release dates for "The Hobbit" as well as "The Hobbit 2" would be pushed back following Jackson's announcement that the production of the films will be delayed from the original estimate of March 2010 to the middle of 2010. However, the producer insisted that the shooting delay will not affect the release date for the two movies.
So far, three stars have been confirmed to play in "The Hobbit". Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett will all reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming adventure movies. However, the filmmakers have not cast the major character Bilbo Baggins.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It has not been known how the possible delay of the first film will affect "The Hobbit 2", which was originally planned to be dropped in the U.S. in late 2012.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'