First 'Hobbit' Movie May Be Pushed Back Until 2012
Fans might have to wait a little longer before they can watch "The Hobbit". Despite Peter Jackson's persistence that the film is still on the track for its 2011 release schedule, Variety has hinted that the movie will possibly not come out until the end of 2012. "[Warner Bros. Pictures topper Alan] Horn won't predict when the first of the two 'Hobbit' films will be out, but says the most probable scenario would be a release in the fourth quarter of 2012," so read a line written on the site's recent article.
Back in December, there was rumor that the release dates for "The Hobbit" as well as "The Hobbit 2" would be pushed back following Jackson's announcement that the production of the films will be delayed from the original estimate of March 2010 to the middle of 2010. However, the producer insisted that the shooting delay will not affect the release date for the two movies.
So far, three stars have been confirmed to play in "The Hobbit". Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett will all reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles of Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel respectively in the upcoming adventure movies. However, the filmmakers have not cast the major character Bilbo Baggins.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. It has not been known how the possible delay of the first film will affect "The Hobbit 2", which was originally planned to be dropped in the U.S. in late 2012.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival