Confirmed, Jay Leno to Restore Reputation on 'Oprah'
Oprah Winfrey snatches the chance to have the first interview with late night TV host Jay Leno who is embroiled in NBC's scheduling fiasco. Jay has been the villain in the situation whereby Conan O'Brien is forced to quit when Jay wants his old job back. This appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will restore his reputation.
Oprah has the tendency to put her guests in better light. Thus Jay reportedly reaches out to the queen of daytime talk show in order to shed off the image that he is to be blamed for Conan's departure from "The Tonight Show". "Oprah and Jay love each other," said a source. "They talk constantly."
Oprah announced on Friday, January 22 afternoon that she will conduct a quick interview with Jay in Los Angeles and it is scheduled to air on next Thursday.
On January 21 morning, it was finalized that Conan O'Brien is to leave his eight-month stint starting Friday for a total of $45 million. Jay Leno will take back his job hosting "Tonight Show" on March 1.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce