Case Closed, Stephen Gately Died of Natural Causes
Three months after his sudden death, Stephen Gately is pronounced dead out of natural causes. Judge Carmen Abrines confirmed on Thursday, January 22 that heavy drinking and cannabis smoking that Gately did the night before he passed away were not factors in the unfortunate event.
The result came from a pathologist who concluded that instead of an accidental death, Gately died out of undiagnosed heart condition. The Boyzone member might not be aware that the disease has thickened his arteries and caused a cardiac arrest. Early autopsy which was performed a few days after his death also indicated natural cause which was identified as 'acute pulmonary edema'.
Stephen Gately was found lifeless by his partner Andy Cowles at their Majorca, Spain villa in October last year. A vigil attended by his bandmates, friends, fans and family was conducted before he was laid to rest in Ireland on October 16.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors