Case Closed, Stephen Gately Died of Natural Causes
Three months after his sudden death, Stephen Gately is pronounced dead out of natural causes. Judge Carmen Abrines confirmed on Thursday, January 22 that heavy drinking and cannabis smoking that Gately did the night before he passed away were not factors in the unfortunate event.
The result came from a pathologist who concluded that instead of an accidental death, Gately died out of undiagnosed heart condition. The Boyzone member might not be aware that the disease has thickened his arteries and caused a cardiac arrest. Early autopsy which was performed a few days after his death also indicated natural cause which was identified as 'acute pulmonary edema'.
Stephen Gately was found lifeless by his partner Andy Cowles at their Majorca, Spain villa in October last year. A vigil attended by his bandmates, friends, fans and family was conducted before he was laid to rest in Ireland on October 16.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle