Case Closed, Stephen Gately Died of Natural Causes
Three months after his sudden death, Stephen Gately is pronounced dead out of natural causes. Judge Carmen Abrines confirmed on Thursday, January 22 that heavy drinking and cannabis smoking that Gately did the night before he passed away were not factors in the unfortunate event.
The result came from a pathologist who concluded that instead of an accidental death, Gately died out of undiagnosed heart condition. The Boyzone member might not be aware that the disease has thickened his arteries and caused a cardiac arrest. Early autopsy which was performed a few days after his death also indicated natural cause which was identified as 'acute pulmonary edema'.
Stephen Gately was found lifeless by his partner Andy Cowles at their Majorca, Spain villa in October last year. A vigil attended by his bandmates, friends, fans and family was conducted before he was laid to rest in Ireland on October 16.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera