Robert Pattinson to Star Opposite Reese Witherspoon in 'Water for Elephants'
Robert Pattinson could be seen dealing with animals in his next movie. According to Variety, the British actor is in negotiation with Fox 2000 Pictures to star in "Water for Elephants", a movie adaptation of Sara Gruen's 2006 bestseller with the same title, and his deal is expected to close.
Pattinson is being offered the role of Jacob Jankowski, an orphaned veterinary student who is put in charge of caring for the animals in a traveling circus. His character will later fall in love with beautiful equestrian rider Marlena. Unfortunately, Marlena has married to the troupe's charismatic but dangerous animal trainer August.
Reese Witherspoon has been tapped to star as the love interest of Jacob. Meanwhile, the studio has offered the role of Reese's on-screen husband to Sean Penn, but the 49-year-old actor is still mulling the role.
"Water for Elephants" which focuses on a love triangle among circus employees during a Depression era in America will be directed by Francis Lawrence. Meanwhile, Richard LaGravenese is set to write the script with Gil Netter, Erwin Stoff and Andrew Tennenbaum serving as producers. The studio eyes to start shooting this drama film in June.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group