Robert Pattinson to Star Opposite Reese Witherspoon in 'Water for Elephants'
Robert Pattinson could be seen dealing with animals in his next movie. According to Variety, the British actor is in negotiation with Fox 2000 Pictures to star in "Water for Elephants", a movie adaptation of Sara Gruen's 2006 bestseller with the same title, and his deal is expected to close.
Pattinson is being offered the role of Jacob Jankowski, an orphaned veterinary student who is put in charge of caring for the animals in a traveling circus. His character will later fall in love with beautiful equestrian rider Marlena. Unfortunately, Marlena has married to the troupe's charismatic but dangerous animal trainer August.
Reese Witherspoon has been tapped to star as the love interest of Jacob. Meanwhile, the studio has offered the role of Reese's on-screen husband to Sean Penn, but the 49-year-old actor is still mulling the role.
"Water for Elephants" which focuses on a love triangle among circus employees during a Depression era in America will be directed by Francis Lawrence. Meanwhile, Richard LaGravenese is set to write the script with Gil Netter, Erwin Stoff and Andrew Tennenbaum serving as producers. The studio eyes to start shooting this drama film in June.
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer