Robert Pattinson to Star Opposite Reese Witherspoon in 'Water for Elephants'
Robert Pattinson could be seen dealing with animals in his next movie. According to Variety, the British actor is in negotiation with Fox 2000 Pictures to star in "Water for Elephants", a movie adaptation of Sara Gruen's 2006 bestseller with the same title, and his deal is expected to close.
Pattinson is being offered the role of Jacob Jankowski, an orphaned veterinary student who is put in charge of caring for the animals in a traveling circus. His character will later fall in love with beautiful equestrian rider Marlena. Unfortunately, Marlena has married to the troupe's charismatic but dangerous animal trainer August.
Reese Witherspoon has been tapped to star as the love interest of Jacob. Meanwhile, the studio has offered the role of Reese's on-screen husband to Sean Penn, but the 49-year-old actor is still mulling the role.
"Water for Elephants" which focuses on a love triangle among circus employees during a Depression era in America will be directed by Francis Lawrence. Meanwhile, Richard LaGravenese is set to write the script with Gil Netter, Erwin Stoff and Andrew Tennenbaum serving as producers. The studio eyes to start shooting this drama film in June.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers