Larry Platt to Copyright 'Pants on the Ground', Invited by Ruben Studdard for a Duet
"Pants on the Ground" singing sensation Larry Platt wants to earn some money from the song he popularized through "American Idol" audition. The 62-year-old man hires lawyer to get credit for the song because he hasn't registered it to the U.S. Copyright Office, according to TMZ.
Due to the massive popularity of the self-penned track, Ruben Studdard is interested to re-record it with Larry. "He should come to Birmingham, Alabama, and get in the studio," Ruben says. "I'll put him on, we'll make a record, call it 'Pants on the Flo!' That song is gonna be a hit! I can't wait to get my first copy!"
"Pants on the Ground" does not only catch Ruben's attention but also other celebrities. Randy Jackson got up from his judge seat, singing and dancing with Larry at the end of the Atlanta audition. Simon Cowell, meanwhile, had "a horrible feeling that song could be a hit."
More and more American people are infected by Larry's song as his audition footage hit the YouTube and garnered thousand views. From the video-sharing website, it was brought to the locker room by Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and invaded the small screen once again as Jimmy Fallon covered it on his show, and the ladies from "The View" invited Larry to perform it on their talk show.
Among those remixes, Larry said he loves Brett's rendition and would love to get the NFL player as his collaborator on its studio version.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7