Larry Platt to Copyright 'Pants on the Ground', Invited by Ruben Studdard for a Duet
"Pants on the Ground" singing sensation Larry Platt wants to earn some money from the song he popularized through "American Idol" audition. The 62-year-old man hires lawyer to get credit for the song because he hasn't registered it to the U.S. Copyright Office, according to TMZ.
Due to the massive popularity of the self-penned track, Ruben Studdard is interested to re-record it with Larry. "He should come to Birmingham, Alabama, and get in the studio," Ruben says. "I'll put him on, we'll make a record, call it 'Pants on the Flo!' That song is gonna be a hit! I can't wait to get my first copy!"
"Pants on the Ground" does not only catch Ruben's attention but also other celebrities. Randy Jackson got up from his judge seat, singing and dancing with Larry at the end of the Atlanta audition. Simon Cowell, meanwhile, had "a horrible feeling that song could be a hit."
More and more American people are infected by Larry's song as his audition footage hit the YouTube and garnered thousand views. From the video-sharing website, it was brought to the locker room by Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and invaded the small screen once again as Jimmy Fallon covered it on his show, and the ladies from "The View" invited Larry to perform it on their talk show.
Among those remixes, Larry said he loves Brett's rendition and would love to get the NFL player as his collaborator on its studio version.
More American Idol News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis