New Trailer of Tom Hanks' Miniseries 'The Pacific'
HBO released two promos for 10-part miniseries "The Pacific" which comes from the producers of "Band of Brothers". One is pure trailer that highlights on the war scene from underwater view and the other is an on-set featurette that has the producers, writers and directors explaining the essence of the epic drama.
Steven Spielberg said it is not only the story of human corruption and a private war but also the story of soldiers fighting the element of natural environment. "We have three main characters, two of which wrote books about the experience. Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie and a man by the name of John Basilone," producer Tom Hanks said.
The series is told in a documentary style starring Joseph Mazzello as Eugene, James Badge Dale as Robert and Jon Seda as John. The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day. It will be premiered on March 14.
- Underwater Promo
- On-Set Featurette
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'