New Trailer of Tom Hanks' Miniseries 'The Pacific'
HBO released two promos for 10-part miniseries "The Pacific" which comes from the producers of "Band of Brothers". One is pure trailer that highlights on the war scene from underwater view and the other is an on-set featurette that has the producers, writers and directors explaining the essence of the epic drama.
Steven Spielberg said it is not only the story of human corruption and a private war but also the story of soldiers fighting the element of natural environment. "We have three main characters, two of which wrote books about the experience. Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie and a man by the name of John Basilone," producer Tom Hanks said.
The series is told in a documentary style starring Joseph Mazzello as Eugene, James Badge Dale as Robert and Jon Seda as John. The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day. It will be premiered on March 14.
- Underwater Promo
- On-Set Featurette
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed