Label Boss Upset Over Susan Boyle's Exclusion From BRITs Nominations
Susan Boyle doesn't receive any nomination at this year's BRIT Awards despite the fact that her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" sold million copies across U.S. and U.K. And Ged Doherty, who is the head of Susan's recording company Sony, is furious over that matter.
"I think it's a crime," Ged said as quoted by BBC News. The executive who also serves as the BRITs chairman added, "I can't explain it. Every year there is something the academy gets wrong and this year they got that wrong."
On another news, a source in the music industry furthermore said that the omission actually is an attack to Simon Cowell. "She's not even shortlisted for Best Female, even though that's usually the weakest category. And it's not just an attack on Susan. It also shows how Simon Cowell is regarded by many in the record business," the source said.
"The problem for the BRITs is they're supposed to be a celebration of British music - and cool. And, whatever anyone thinks of Susan Boyle, she certainly isn't cool."
2010 BRIT Awards will be held on February 16 at London's Earls Court. Its nominations list is led by Lady GaGa, JLS, Lily Allen, Pixie Lott and Florence and the Machine. Special honoree at the event is Robbie Williams who will be handed with Outstanding Contribution to Music Award. Also announced as early winner is Ellie Goulding who grabs Critics' Choice trophy.
Musical guests for the forthcoming show are ranging from Lady GaGa, JLS, Kasabian, Dizzee Rascal and Florence and the Machine. Closing the event will be Robbie Williams with a medley of his hit singles.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.