Label Boss Upset Over Susan Boyle's Exclusion From BRITs Nominations
Susan Boyle doesn't receive any nomination at this year's BRIT Awards despite the fact that her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" sold million copies across U.S. and U.K. And Ged Doherty, who is the head of Susan's recording company Sony, is furious over that matter.
"I think it's a crime," Ged said as quoted by BBC News. The executive who also serves as the BRITs chairman added, "I can't explain it. Every year there is something the academy gets wrong and this year they got that wrong."
On another news, a source in the music industry furthermore said that the omission actually is an attack to Simon Cowell. "She's not even shortlisted for Best Female, even though that's usually the weakest category. And it's not just an attack on Susan. It also shows how Simon Cowell is regarded by many in the record business," the source said.
"The problem for the BRITs is they're supposed to be a celebration of British music - and cool. And, whatever anyone thinks of Susan Boyle, she certainly isn't cool."
2010 BRIT Awards will be held on February 16 at London's Earls Court. Its nominations list is led by Lady GaGa, JLS, Lily Allen, Pixie Lott and Florence and the Machine. Special honoree at the event is Robbie Williams who will be handed with Outstanding Contribution to Music Award. Also announced as early winner is Ellie Goulding who grabs Critics' Choice trophy.
Musical guests for the forthcoming show are ranging from Lady GaGa, JLS, Kasabian, Dizzee Rascal and Florence and the Machine. Closing the event will be Robbie Williams with a medley of his hit singles.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up