Lupe Fiasco and Jay-Z Record Songs for Haitian Charity Project
Recent earthquake in Haiti, which killed more than 200,000 people and injured many others, has made musicians uniting to raise funds to support the victims. Both Lupe Fiasco and Jay-Z have entered studio to craft songs for Haiti.
Lupe, who climbed mount Kilimanjaro along with Jessica Biel and Emile Hirsch to raise awareness for the world's water crisis earlier this month, teams up with Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda in the studio project. As for Jay-Z, the rap mogul joins forces with U2's Bono and Swizz Beatz.
"Last night we wrote a song - Bono got a call from a producer, Swizz," guitarist The Edge said during a radio interview. "He and Jay-Z wanted to do something for Haiti. So, Bono came up with the phrase on the phone, and last night we were here, we wrote a song - finished, recorded, and send it back to them. So, that might be the next thing you hear from us!"
In addition to recording songs for Haiti, Bono will also perform at a benefit concert dubbed "Hope for Haiti" on January 22. According to one of the gig's hosts George Clooney, the vocalist will sing alongside Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys and Sting.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway