Superman Not Making Cameo in 'Green Lantern'
There won't any Superman and Green Lantern collaboration in "Green Lantern" movie. Despite rumor that the Clark Kent's alter ego would be making a cameo in the upcoming superhero film, director Martin Campbell has shut down the possibility, telling MTV "No, that won't happen."
Back in December 2008, one of "Green Lantern" scribes Marc Guggenheim told the site that a Superman cameo was being written into early drafts of the film. Later, in July 2009, Guggenheim informed that the script was still not fixed and he was not sure if the Superman cameo will be included in the final cut.
As of late, Martin Campbell has revealed some of the characters from "Green Lantern" universe which will make appearances in the film. "Well, Kilowog will be. Tomar-Re is in it. Sinestro is in it. Abin Sur is in it. All the origin people. Carol [Ferris], of course, who will be played by Blake Lively," he stated. "All the main characters are there."
"Green Lantern" will follow Hal Jordan, an ordinary man who was chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Ryan Reynolds is set to play the titular character in the movie, which is slated for June 17, 2011 release date in the U.S.
More Green Lantern News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame