Video: Larry Platt Performs 'Pants on the Ground' on 'The View'
General Larry Platt appeared before live audience on Monday, January 18 to perform the original version of "Pants on the Ground". The "American Idol" contestant who joined the audition in Atlanta took the stage of "The View" with the introduction from Sherri Shepherd.
His lively performance was followed by a brief interview. Shepherd asked him what inspired the song that became a trend nationwide. He said, "I was walking one day, and [I saw] a guy with a baby bottle in his mouth, a pacifier and he had his pants on the ground. And that's what gave me the inspiration."
Elisabeth Hasselbeck then asked him how he felt when seeing himself on TV. Platt responded, "I got so happy. It made me feel good knowing that I want to get these pants up." Hasselbeck then showed him a footage of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre singing Platt's song in the locker room.
Platt's nephew Jason was among the audience and he said, "I'm very proud of my uncle. He is finally getting his word out that he's wanted to for all these years."
More The View News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage