67th Golden Globes: 'Dexter' and 'The Good Wife' Are Early Winners
The best in television and movies are honored at the 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, January 17. Winning the first prize from the event is Toni Collette for Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Comedy Or Musical on "United States of Tara". Collette had previously won 2009 Emmy Awards for the same category.
"Gee thank you so much. This is a real pleasure," Collette said in her acceptance speech. "The last time I came here 15 years ago I was on the loo and missed my whole category."
"Dexter" meanwhile shows its domination early by winning two straight, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series for John Lithgow and Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Drama for Michael C. Hall. The Showtime series is still waiting whether it will win Best Television Series - Drama too.
Julianna Margulies nabs her first Golden Globe through her role on "The Good Wife". "I just want to thank [CBS producers] Les Moonves and Nina Tassler, for believing in the 10 o'clock drama," she says in reference to the Jay Leno- Conan O'Brien drama.
The latest winner to be announced is "Grey Gardens". The Emmy-winning TV movie from HBO goes home with Best Mini-Series Or Motion Picture Made for Television. Amy Adams and Josh Brolin presented the award to Drew Barrymore who sparkles in Atelier Versace gown.
67th Annual Golden Globe Awards is hosted by Ricky Gervais and aired live on NBC.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'