Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart's Steamy Scene to 'Cause Explosion'
Dakota Fanning has once confirmed that she indeed has a make-out scene with her "The Runaways" co-star Kristen Stewart. MTV recently managed to take a peek at Los Angeles Times' article featured in its upcoming Sunday, January 17 edition, in which director Floria Sigismondi talks about the raunchy scene.
"In 'Edgeplay' [Cherie Currie's memoir], Cherie mentions that Joan [Jett] is really good in bed," the helmer, who also writes the script for the biopic, teases. "I thought, 'I have to pry into this a bit. It will cause an explosion in the film. Why not go there?'"
The same article also mentions that the movie is actually about a character study of Joan and Cherie instead of a straight history of the evolution of their band The Runaways. Producer John Linson additionally dishes on the film, saying "It's about 15-year-old rock stars, the rise and fall of kids. We're trying hard not to let that get taken away."
"The Runaways" is based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, which were brought together in late 1975 by impresario Kim Fowley. The film itself will cover the formation of the musical group through to Cherie Currie's departure at the peak of their success. It is also said to highlight the relationship between lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett.
Joining Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning in the cast ensemble are Scout Taylor-Compton, Stella Maeve and Alia Shawkat. The biopic has been premiered during the 26th Sundance Film Festival on January 21-31 and is planned to be dropped in limited U.S. theaters on March 19.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences