Dixie Chicks Duo to Return Under Moniker of Court Yard Hounds
Now that Natalie Maines is taking a hiatus from Dixie Chicks, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison decided to rename their band Court Yard Hounds. The name is a reference to Ian Livingstone's best-selling novel "City of Thieves", according to Rolling Stones.
Martie and Emily have started recording their first album and plan to release it in May. Emily will serve as the lead vocalist and team up with Jakob Dylan in a song called "See You in the Spring". This duo will make their debut performance at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin this March and launch a tour after the album is dropped.
Though they are now working as a duo, Martie is still looking forward for a reunion with Natalie someday. "I'm hoping she'll come out to one of our shows. Maybe it'll inspire her to want to do music again," she said.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism