Dixie Chicks Duo to Return Under Moniker of Court Yard Hounds
Now that Natalie Maines is taking a hiatus from Dixie Chicks, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison decided to rename their band Court Yard Hounds. The name is a reference to Ian Livingstone's best-selling novel "City of Thieves", according to Rolling Stones.
Martie and Emily have started recording their first album and plan to release it in May. Emily will serve as the lead vocalist and team up with Jakob Dylan in a song called "See You in the Spring". This duo will make their debut performance at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin this March and launch a tour after the album is dropped.
Though they are now working as a duo, Martie is still looking forward for a reunion with Natalie someday. "I'm hoping she'll come out to one of our shows. Maybe it'll inspire her to want to do music again," she said.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift