Dixie Chicks Duo to Return Under Moniker of Court Yard Hounds
Now that Natalie Maines is taking a hiatus from Dixie Chicks, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison decided to rename their band Court Yard Hounds. The name is a reference to Ian Livingstone's best-selling novel "City of Thieves", according to Rolling Stones.
Martie and Emily have started recording their first album and plan to release it in May. Emily will serve as the lead vocalist and team up with Jakob Dylan in a song called "See You in the Spring". This duo will make their debut performance at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin this March and launch a tour after the album is dropped.
Though they are now working as a duo, Martie is still looking forward for a reunion with Natalie someday. "I'm hoping she'll come out to one of our shows. Maybe it'll inspire her to want to do music again," she said.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington