Dixie Chicks Duo to Return Under Moniker of Court Yard Hounds
Now that Natalie Maines is taking a hiatus from Dixie Chicks, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison decided to rename their band Court Yard Hounds. The name is a reference to Ian Livingstone's best-selling novel "City of Thieves", according to Rolling Stones.
Martie and Emily have started recording their first album and plan to release it in May. Emily will serve as the lead vocalist and team up with Jakob Dylan in a song called "See You in the Spring". This duo will make their debut performance at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin this March and launch a tour after the album is dropped.
Though they are now working as a duo, Martie is still looking forward for a reunion with Natalie someday. "I'm hoping she'll come out to one of our shows. Maybe it'll inspire her to want to do music again," she said.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri