Eve Officially Leaving Interscope Records
Rapper Eve took it to her Twitter to announce her departure from Interscope Records. She also reveals that she is working as a free agent on her next studio album which is due to arrive before the end of this year.
"Let me tell u what happened with music so ya'll don't think I quit. Left Interscope, free agent now. Went back in re-doing music. Trust me," she wrote. "Not letting this year pass wit out an ABULM! Can't take the non-sense MUSIK ;)"
Rumor that Eve parts ways with Geffen/Interscope has been on the web since September 2009. At that time, she was also rumored to have shut down her clothing line Fetish, which she tried to re-launch in 2008.
Eve has been working on her fourth studio album tentatively titled "Flirt" since 2007. The album suffered from several pushbacks until it was shelved for indefinite time. Beside being occupied with her own record, she also lends her vocal to Paradiso Girls' debut single "Patron Tequila" and is featured on the remix of Jadakiss' track "Who's Real".
Back in October last year, she talked to Jimmy Fallon about experimenting new sounds for her music. "I'm actually experimenting with this movement called dubstep in the U.K., this underground sound," she said.
Outside music, Eve had cameo appearances on Drew Barrymore-directed movie "Whip It!" and hit TV series "Glee".
More Eve News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video