Eve Officially Leaving Interscope Records
Rapper Eve took it to her Twitter to announce her departure from Interscope Records. She also reveals that she is working as a free agent on her next studio album which is due to arrive before the end of this year.
"Let me tell u what happened with music so ya'll don't think I quit. Left Interscope, free agent now. Went back in re-doing music. Trust me," she wrote. "Not letting this year pass wit out an ABULM! Can't take the non-sense MUSIK ;)"
Rumor that Eve parts ways with Geffen/Interscope has been on the web since September 2009. At that time, she was also rumored to have shut down her clothing line Fetish, which she tried to re-launch in 2008.
Eve has been working on her fourth studio album tentatively titled "Flirt" since 2007. The album suffered from several pushbacks until it was shelved for indefinite time. Beside being occupied with her own record, she also lends her vocal to Paradiso Girls' debut single "Patron Tequila" and is featured on the remix of Jadakiss' track "Who's Real".
Back in October last year, she talked to Jimmy Fallon about experimenting new sounds for her music. "I'm actually experimenting with this movement called dubstep in the U.K., this underground sound," she said.
Outside music, Eve had cameo appearances on Drew Barrymore-directed movie "Whip It!" and hit TV series "Glee".
More Eve News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease