Eve Officially Leaving Interscope Records
Rapper Eve took it to her Twitter to announce her departure from Interscope Records. She also reveals that she is working as a free agent on her next studio album which is due to arrive before the end of this year.
"Let me tell u what happened with music so ya'll don't think I quit. Left Interscope, free agent now. Went back in re-doing music. Trust me," she wrote. "Not letting this year pass wit out an ABULM! Can't take the non-sense MUSIK ;)"
Rumor that Eve parts ways with Geffen/Interscope has been on the web since September 2009. At that time, she was also rumored to have shut down her clothing line Fetish, which she tried to re-launch in 2008.
Eve has been working on her fourth studio album tentatively titled "Flirt" since 2007. The album suffered from several pushbacks until it was shelved for indefinite time. Beside being occupied with her own record, she also lends her vocal to Paradiso Girls' debut single "Patron Tequila" and is featured on the remix of Jadakiss' track "Who's Real".
Back in October last year, she talked to Jimmy Fallon about experimenting new sounds for her music. "I'm actually experimenting with this movement called dubstep in the U.K., this underground sound," she said.
Outside music, Eve had cameo appearances on Drew Barrymore-directed movie "Whip It!" and hit TV series "Glee".
More Eve News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video