Gun Siege Trapped Leona Lewis in L.A.
"The X Factor" champion Leona Lewis recently got another frightening experience when she was in Los Angeles with her mother and boyfriend. She came within a stone's throw of a gun siege on her way to Los Angeles international airport.
After stopping for drinks in Starbucks, the British singing star was stopped outside the coffee shop when suddenly two men brandishing guns jumped out of their car, right next to Leona. There were police officers in force surrounding the area and pushing bystanders to the ground. A source said, "Leona had been locked in her car by her security team and had to watch as her manager Nicola Carson was thrown on to the floor. They were both shaken. For Leona it brought back memories of last year's fan attack in London."
Lewis recently had some chains of bad luck. She previously suffered the trauma of a fan attack at a book signing in London. Afterward, she made another headline when she fell off her horse in early January and tore her ligament.
After the chaos cooled off, according to UK Mirror, Lewis told her friend, "It was really frightening, one minute we were stopping for drinks, the next there was police and guns everywhere. It came completely out of the blue and was absolutely terrifying. I really thought the guys might start shooting. I was shaking like a leaf afterwards."
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting