Lady GaGa's Concert Canceled Due to Sudden Illness, Rescheduled for Jan 26
Lady GaGa was forced to call off her concert at the Elliott Hall of Music of Purdue University due to a sudden illness. Following the cancellation, it was announced that the gig will be rescheduled later this month on January 26.
The Purdue concert started at around 7:30 P.M. on January 14. Opening acts Jason Derulo and Semi Precious Weapons performed on the stage before Purdue Convocations director Todd Wetzel came up with the shocking announcement.
"I'm very sorry to announce that Lady GaGa will not be able to take the stage this evening because of a sudden illness," Wetzel said, adding that paramedics ordered her to take time off that night. The singer's manager reportedly has assured fans that the artist is now doing well and "normal" but didn't detail the sudden illness which led the concert postponement.
Previously, Purdue students revealed fund-raising efforts for Haitian earthquake victims would be held outside the Elliott Hall of Music before and after Lady GaGa's concert.
Lady GaGa just recently posted a series of tweets in response to the concert cancellation. "I've been crying for hours, I feel like I let my fans down 2nite. An hour before the show, I was feeling dizzy and having trouble breathing," she started.
"Paramedics came to take care of me, and told me my heart-rate was irregular-- a result of exhaustion and dehydration. can't apologize enough for how sorry I am. I could hear my fans cheering from my dressing room, I begged everyone to let me go onstage. My stage has complicated mechanical elements,everyone was concerned I'd be in danger during the 2hr show, since I had passed out earlier."
She ended her statement, "I am so devastated. I have performed with the flu, a cold, strep throat: I would never cancel a show just based on discomfort. I hope you can forgive me. I love my little monsters more than anything, you are everything to me. I will make-up the performance on Jan 26."
More Lady GaGa News
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum