Lady GaGa in Support of LGBT as Event Host
Lady GaGa, an advocate of LGBT community, will host an event that supports same-sex marriage to be legalized in the United States. The "Just Dance" singer will be on hand to lead Hands Up for Marriage Equality that takes place this Saturday, January 16 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"I am honored to be able to continue to raise awareness and money for this cause and these outstanding organizations," GaGa said in a statement. "Organizations like these are in the trenches every day working on behalf of all of us whether you are LGBT or straight. Equal and full civil rights are supposed to be for all of us."
The gala will raise funds and benefit four organizations, Empire State Pride Agenda, Equality Pennsylvania, Garden State Equality, and The Power. These organizations support LGBT community's efforts.
Back in October 2009, she took part in a march for gay equality in Washington. The movement was aimed to "demand full equal rights for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered citizens in all 50 states."
More Lady GaGa News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs