Lady GaGa in Support of LGBT as Event Host
Lady GaGa, an advocate of LGBT community, will host an event that supports same-sex marriage to be legalized in the United States. The "Just Dance" singer will be on hand to lead Hands Up for Marriage Equality that takes place this Saturday, January 16 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"I am honored to be able to continue to raise awareness and money for this cause and these outstanding organizations," GaGa said in a statement. "Organizations like these are in the trenches every day working on behalf of all of us whether you are LGBT or straight. Equal and full civil rights are supposed to be for all of us."
The gala will raise funds and benefit four organizations, Empire State Pride Agenda, Equality Pennsylvania, Garden State Equality, and The Power. These organizations support LGBT community's efforts.
Back in October 2009, she took part in a march for gay equality in Washington. The movement was aimed to "demand full equal rights for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered citizens in all 50 states."
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story