Lady GaGa in Support of LGBT as Event Host
Lady GaGa, an advocate of LGBT community, will host an event that supports same-sex marriage to be legalized in the United States. The "Just Dance" singer will be on hand to lead Hands Up for Marriage Equality that takes place this Saturday, January 16 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"I am honored to be able to continue to raise awareness and money for this cause and these outstanding organizations," GaGa said in a statement. "Organizations like these are in the trenches every day working on behalf of all of us whether you are LGBT or straight. Equal and full civil rights are supposed to be for all of us."
The gala will raise funds and benefit four organizations, Empire State Pride Agenda, Equality Pennsylvania, Garden State Equality, and The Power. These organizations support LGBT community's efforts.
Back in October 2009, she took part in a march for gay equality in Washington. The movement was aimed to "demand full equal rights for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered citizens in all 50 states."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says