Lady GaGa in Support of LGBT as Event Host
Lady GaGa, an advocate of LGBT community, will host an event that supports same-sex marriage to be legalized in the United States. The "Just Dance" singer will be on hand to lead Hands Up for Marriage Equality that takes place this Saturday, January 16 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"I am honored to be able to continue to raise awareness and money for this cause and these outstanding organizations," GaGa said in a statement. "Organizations like these are in the trenches every day working on behalf of all of us whether you are LGBT or straight. Equal and full civil rights are supposed to be for all of us."
The gala will raise funds and benefit four organizations, Empire State Pride Agenda, Equality Pennsylvania, Garden State Equality, and The Power. These organizations support LGBT community's efforts.
Back in October 2009, she took part in a march for gay equality in Washington. The movement was aimed to "demand full equal rights for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered citizens in all 50 states."
More Lady GaGa News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic