Lady GaGa in Support of LGBT as Event Host
Lady GaGa, an advocate of LGBT community, will host an event that supports same-sex marriage to be legalized in the United States. The "Just Dance" singer will be on hand to lead Hands Up for Marriage Equality that takes place this Saturday, January 16 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
"I am honored to be able to continue to raise awareness and money for this cause and these outstanding organizations," GaGa said in a statement. "Organizations like these are in the trenches every day working on behalf of all of us whether you are LGBT or straight. Equal and full civil rights are supposed to be for all of us."
The gala will raise funds and benefit four organizations, Empire State Pride Agenda, Equality Pennsylvania, Garden State Equality, and The Power. These organizations support LGBT community's efforts.
Back in October 2009, she took part in a march for gay equality in Washington. The movement was aimed to "demand full equal rights for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered citizens in all 50 states."
More Lady GaGa News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?