Kellan Lutz Gets New Competitor for 'Conan' Role
It seems that there is still a long way for Millennium before deciding who will be cast in their upcoming film "Conan". After being reported to have been considering Kellan Lutz or Jason Momoa to be the potential star for the movie, the studio and its partner Lionsgate Films allegedly have added another actor on their list.
The news was first broken by Deadline Hollywood, which failed to reveal the name of the new contender and only mentioned "another unnamed but better established actor." The unknown actor will be up against Lutz and Momoa to play the title character, Conan, who was previously portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1982 "Conan the Barbarian".
Kellan Lutz received sudden rise of fame after playing Emmet Cullen in "Twilight". He can next be seen in horror thriller "A Nightmare on Elm Street" which will be released on April 20 in the U.S.
Meanwhile, Jason Momoa is a Hawaiian actor who previously starred in TV series "Baywatch" as Jason Ioane. He also appeared in drama-comedy series "The Game" before the show was canceled on May 20, 2009.
"Conan" will center its story on iconic figure Conan the Cimmerian and his adventures across the continent of Hyboria. The film is scheduled to kick off production on March 15 in Bulgaria with Marcus Nispel set to direct.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation