'The First Avenger: Captain America' to Be Different From the Comic Books
Joe Johnston has shared his idea for upcoming project "The First Avenger: Captain America" which is adapted from Marcel comics. Speaking to Boxoffice Magazine, the helmer stated, "It's not going to be a Captain America that you expect. It's something different."
"It is influenced by the comic book, but it goes off in a completely different direction," Johnston further explained. "It's the origin story of Captain America. It's mostly period - there are modern, present-day bookends on it - but it's basically the story of how Steve Rogers becomes Captain America."
During the chat with the publication, Johnston also talked about his plan to make "Jurassic Park IV" as the first film of new trilogy. "Well, there is going to be a 'Jurassic Park IV'. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second 'Jurassic Park' trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way," he told Boxoffice.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will follow Steve Rogers who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Produced by Kevin Feige, it is expected to be released by Paramount Pictures on July 22, 2011.
Meanwhile, "Jurassic Park IV" will serve as the follow up to 2001 "Jurassic Park III". William Monahan is tapped to write the script for the upcoming film, which reportedly will center its story on hapless humans who once again are pitted against dinosaurs created from ancient strands of DNA. No director has been attached to this adventure thriller film project.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media