Ivan Reitman Confirms He Returns to 'Ghostbusters 3'
"Ghostbusters 3" has slowly shown its shape. After tapping Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write the script, the film is now on board with Ivan Reitman serving behind the lens. Being met by MTV on the red carpet of National Board of Review on Tuesday night, January 12 in New York City, he simply said "yes" when asked about whether or not he will helm the upcoming film.
Reitman additionally revealed that the first draft for the movie has been completed by Eisenberg and Stupnitsky. "They have delivered a draft," he stated. "We are working our way through another draft... good work is being done and all of us have our fingers crossed."
However, the filmmaker refused to talk further about the script and to address the possibility of seeing Sigourney Weaver in the third installment of the sci-fi comedy film franchise. "She's been so busy on 'Avatar', I've not been able to find her. There's some very cool things in the new draft, let's just put it that way," Reitman claimed.
Reitman additionally unveiled that he expects to start shooting for the movie in early 2011, telling MTV "I hope to start shooting in this next year". Beside serving as director, Reitman is also set to produce this forthcoming film, which is planned to be released in late 2011.
Reitman made his directorial debut in 1979 when working on "Meatballs". Some comedy movies he has helmed included "Twins", "Kindergarten Cop", "Beethoven" and "Beethoven's 2nd". His latest project was "I Love You, Man" in which he served as producer.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March