Ivan Reitman Confirms He Returns to 'Ghostbusters 3'
"Ghostbusters 3" has slowly shown its shape. After tapping Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write the script, the film is now on board with Ivan Reitman serving behind the lens. Being met by MTV on the red carpet of National Board of Review on Tuesday night, January 12 in New York City, he simply said "yes" when asked about whether or not he will helm the upcoming film.
Reitman additionally revealed that the first draft for the movie has been completed by Eisenberg and Stupnitsky. "They have delivered a draft," he stated. "We are working our way through another draft... good work is being done and all of us have our fingers crossed."
However, the filmmaker refused to talk further about the script and to address the possibility of seeing Sigourney Weaver in the third installment of the sci-fi comedy film franchise. "She's been so busy on 'Avatar', I've not been able to find her. There's some very cool things in the new draft, let's just put it that way," Reitman claimed.
Reitman additionally unveiled that he expects to start shooting for the movie in early 2011, telling MTV "I hope to start shooting in this next year". Beside serving as director, Reitman is also set to produce this forthcoming film, which is planned to be released in late 2011.
Reitman made his directorial debut in 1979 when working on "Meatballs". Some comedy movies he has helmed included "Twins", "Kindergarten Cop", "Beethoven" and "Beethoven's 2nd". His latest project was "I Love You, Man" in which he served as producer.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3